He’s got us “Lovestoned”
Justin Timberlake and Blind make beautiful music together.
After the award winning success of Gnarls Barkley’s “Crazy”, director, Robert Hales and Vanessa Marzaroli, again teamed up to create a visually stunning music video that pulsates and vibes. This bi-continental HSI production began with filming on location in Manchester, England while Justin Timberlake was on his European concert tour. Vanessa quickly whisked the green screen footage back here to BL:ND in Santa Monica, CA and began its transformation. After working for 17 days straight with a team of 7 animators, Vanessa was able to create a rhythmic visual narrative interpreting the music and lyrics of contemporary pop’s leading man.
- Agency: Robert Hales/HSI
- Producer: Coleen Haynes, Oualid Mouaness
- Executive Creative Director: Chris Do
- Director: Robert Hales
- Production Company: Blind, Inc.
- Creative Director: Vanessa Marzaroli
- Executive Producer: David Kleinman
- Post Producer: Claudina Mercado
- Designers: Maithy Tran, Yan Ng, Craig Tollifson, design exploration: Lauren Indovina, Christine Kim, Lawrence Wyatt, Christian DeCastro
- 2D Animators: Maithy Tran, Yan Ng, Craig Tollifson, Christian DeCastro, Jesse Franklin, Angie Tien, Lawrence Wyatt, Sakona Kong, Gabriel Pulecio, Paul Lee
- Director Of Photography: Jake Polonsky
- Editor: Ken Mowe
- Bronze Telly Award - 2008, Art Director's Club Merit Award - 2008, One Show Design Merit Award - 2008